The Family Birth Center at Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital
The doctors, nurses and specialists at the Family Birth Center at Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital are focused on creating a positive experience for moms and their families. From the moment you arrive until you are ready to take your newborn home, your loved ones will be welcomed and encouraged to participate in your childbirth experience. Rancho Springs also encourages mothers and babies to stay together as much as possible while in the hospital. We encourage skin-to-skin care and strongly support breastfeeding as standard care for couplets.
Sign Up for a Family Birth Center Tour, Childbirth Class or Q&A Session
Rancho Springs Hospital offers tours and a variety of classes for families expecting a new addition.
Get a Physician Referral
If you need a referral to an OB/GYN or other physician at Rancho Springs Hospital, call our free physician referral service at 1-800-879-1020 or search for an OB/GYN online.
Features of the Family Birth Center at Rancho Springs Hospital
- Largest birthing center in the region
- Highest Level III NICU in the region: Rady Children’s
- OB hospitalists on-site 24/7
- 24/7 OB Emergency Department
- Complete couplet care – skin-to-skin care
- Award-winning breastfeeding services (lactation services)
- Perinatal services provided by Rady Children's
- All private suites
- Kaiser patients welcome
Comprehensive Care Around the Clock
Rancho Springs Hospital is staffed around the clock with OB hospitalist so that a board-certified physician specializing in obstetrics and gynecology is in the hospital and immediately available at all times. These dedicated OB/GYN physicians provide backup support for on-staff OB/GYNs, care for expectant moms in times of emergency prior to the arrival of a patient's own physician, provide support for high-risk pregnancies and deliver babies for patients who don't have an obstetrician. The OB hospitalist team members have received special training in advanced fetal monitoring, risk management, operative delivery, coding and compliance and advanced cardiac life support.
With 17 spacious private labor and delivery suites, along with 24 postpartum rooms, triage areas, a dedicated post-anesthesia care unit, cesarean section operating rooms and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Family Birth Center at Rancho Springs Hospital is a great place in Southwest Riverside County to deliver a baby.
Awards and Recognition
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospital for Maternity Care (2024)
- Awarded Blue Cross Blue Shield Distinction for expertise in specialty care in maternity services.
- Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego ranked among the nation's best hospitals for neonatal care by U.S. News & World Report.
- International IBCLC CARE Award (2016, 2018 and 2020) for outstanding implementation of dedicated lactation services.
- The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Perinatal Care Certification, demonstrating continuous compliance with performance standards and providing safe and comprehensive patient care.
IMPORTANT VISITATION UPDATE
Visitors age 18 and older are allowed to visit patients in the Family Birth Center. There is no limit on the number of visitors. Overnight stays are restricted to one (1) adult age 18 or older throughout the stay of the patient, and only with permission from the department clinical supervisor. No switching out with other individuals is permitted.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Affiliated with Rady Children’s Hospital, the Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Rancho Springs Hospital is an 11-bed unit equipped with the latest technology to observe, monitor, stabilize or resuscitate seriously ill newborns. Located just steps from our labor and delivery suites, babies who were born prematurely or who have unusual medical conditions during their first days of life, can stay close to their mothers while in the hospital.
Your child’s birth certificate lasts forever, so you need to be certain the information on the certificate is accurate before you sign it. Download, print and complete the birth certificate form, then bring it with you when you are ready to give birth.
Hear From Moms Who Delivered at Rancho Springs Hospital
Get an OB/GYN Referral
If you need a referral to an OB/GYN or other physician at Rancho Springs Hospital, call our free physician referral service at 1-800-879-1020.